יום שני, נובמבר 27, 2006

So whats the lesson here?

On Motzei Shabbat (Saturday evening) I went to Ikea. I always said I will never go, in London it was an exemption, but hey, once you sinned its harder to get away from the crime scene. I need a closet - I don't have enough space to hang my cloths on, and Ace or Home depot didn't have what I wanted. Ikea did. So I went there, with many other Israelites. I think Ikea is one of the last public areas in which all the sectors of Israeli society are represented. You can see men, women, old young, some are Jewish, some are not, some are secular some are observant, new immigrants, and how nicly they all shop together, looking for a better life for easy solutions, or easy solutions for better life.
So I am there, feeling bad in the first place - the Nazi background of the owner, the capitalistic approach, the lack of individuality, and the anxiety big crowded spaces bring on me.

I found what I wanted, but then I wanted more, I wrote the details in the very useful sheet of paper with the quite mini-pencil they hand out, great. I progress (or not??) to the storage area, and I discover they don't have what I want in the colour I want.
So what should I do? this nice guy approaches me, he thinks I might need help carrying something, but no. I tell him I am not sure what to do. He tells me its hid 4th time here, and he is giving up and taking something he doesn't like its colour, because its his fourth time, and he is fed up.
I wonder what should I do. But spending money on something I don't value doesnt make sense. I am giving up the shocking green book shelves, which are in storage, but not on the right shelf, and no, there is no one who can help.
I spent 20 minutes queuing at the Costumer Service department, then realized ts slow on purpose, so people will not stay to complain, and their complaints books will stay clean. I almost left completely. but then I thought about the two massive boxes in the middle of my room that I must unload. and I realized I should cool down, buy and leave.
I am not proud of going there in the first place, I am proud I didn't give in. I will go to Ace and look for book shelves. I would like to think I will not go to Ikea ever again, or at least not in the near future.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה