יום רביעי, נובמבר 01, 2006

How PC can you be???

In one of my classes (Story Telling Workshop) there is a lovely disabled young women. She dresses up very cool, her nails (toe nails) are done, she has a beautiful tattoo, as cool as I would never be.
Yesterday as the class was over I went to ask the professor a question and I stood in her way. So I said Sorry (Slicha really). Her reply made me think she said to me: Why are you apologizing? because I am in a wheelchair? Would you say sorry to any other person???

I was proud to say to her that since living in the UK I ask forgiveness from empty chairs wqhen I bump myself into them, and would say sorry to any other walking on two person I will stand in his way.
I was saddened to think about the timing of our politeness. is being polite being condesending sometimes??

I think in that case it was. Still not sure.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה