יום שני, אוקטובר 09, 2006

A morning walk in Ra`anana

Woke up early this morning and went for a walk, back in London I used to walk either to Snaresbrook Pond while I lived in South Woodford or to Cheery Tree Wood after moving to East Finchley, so you can get the general idea - a pond or a wood. Exactly. Here in Ra`anana I walked towards the fields , when I grew up it used to belong to Nehemia- he was a farmer and it was all potatoes or strawberries. This morning I discovered they all got to grow into nice flats or cottages.
I resent that for few reasons - nostalgic (It was beautiful living near those fields, back in the days), ageist (another evidence of the natural progression of my age), and environmental ( Hello, we do need some Green space, what about a nice park Heyyiii?), but I appreciate the irony - It was worthwhile for Nehemia to be a farmer for this fifty odd years - now he sold his land and he is wealthier than he ever was You see, you never get much from selling potatoes...

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה