יום שני, אוקטובר 16, 2006

The Katzav Affair

I heard one journalist calling this mess "Clinton for the poor". sadly its True, Moshe Katzav, which still is the President of Israel, is probably going to face a trial regarding few rapes/sexual harassment.
I had some respect towards him, not because his personality or achievements,more about his biography- Born in Iran, making Aliyah as a child, involved in community work in development town, becoming a mayor, a minister and then a president - living the big Israeli dream. I also had much respect for The President, in my family symbols matter, and that institution symbolizes the sovereignty of the Israeli state. You see, I belong to a generation that finds those things important.
Therefor I feel embarrassed.
I feel embarrassed for him to represent me or to represent any other Israeli , I cannot understand the reasons for him to still try to keep his job, I think he should have resigned a month ago, but really the sooner the better.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה