יום שישי, ספטמבר 01, 2006

So I am starting the journey back home to Israel. In an hour a taxi will collect me on the way to Holland where I will meet my family - I am going to rest for four days, preparing myself to my holiday in New York.
I have been lucky to make so many friends here. I had 2 goodbye parties one from work and the other I organized for my friends. I was blown away by people`s love and care. and now 5:03am, I am tired and sad. Not only because I finally realize I cannot drink and sleep, though I can drink and drive, more about friendships I am leaving behind. I now that my friends will stay my friends, but so many relationships just slow down till they disappear.
When I first came over my biggest challenge was making friends, I went out with people I would have never do so. I left my comfort zone so many times to discover amazing people around me.
One of my friends wrote to me how ironic it is that I as the guest is so hospitable. For me it was more about the fact I was not willing to be alone. I need people around me and now after they have become my friends I have to leave.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy to go back. My future is there. I am starting an exciting Masters programme. I even got someone`s phone number to call when I get back. He wants to meet for a drink you know, but at the moment I rather go to the White Lion in East Finchley or the Pineapple in Kentish Town with you know who.
Its better to leave when you are sad to leave. I am just not sure I am good with these kinds of emotions.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה