יום שלישי, יוני 13, 2006

You never know how your day will end. You wake up, go through the usual stuff, and then you find yourself in a place you never imagined, just like in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
I found my self at the King George Hospital for five hours, trying to figure out why I cannot breathe, a breath taking evening (you can put her any cliche about being breath-less etc, been there done that.

The NHS surprised me - very efficient and helpful. The doctor that saw me looked like Lucy Lu 13 years old sister on roller blades, I had to sit in a wheel chair, (a bit of an Andy& Lou moment), and every possible test was done to me. And I had to have an oxygen mask. H said she went to a pub that does it as a treat (expensive one I guess) must go there too.

What can I say?
1. Thank you H!!! You saved me, you are the queen of kindness. Thanks A for coming and getting me back home.
2. Its always better not to take your skirt off. I just looked fabulous with the hospital pajama - the mix between my denim skirt and floral yuck hospital jammies was quite.. Breath taking???
3. I have been asked if I take cocaine. I don't thanks for asking.
4. Nail polish interferes with the test of the blood oxygen. (They put a clip on your nail that supposed to show somehow what's the oxygen level, My shocking pink nails were not very helpful in this case, which caused a very painful blood test. But I still think that having your nails polished nicely is a higher priority than making it easier to check your oxygen level - just think about the statistics of this happening.
5. Always but always carry a camera with you. I really regret not been able to show you how glamorous I was with the pajama, oxy mask, in a wheel chair, through the ECG, those moments are treasured forever with H and me.

I am much better, thanks. Leaving tomorrow night to Israel, a bit worried from not being able to breath on the air plane, but work is not about having fun so it all make sense.
Don't try any of this at home. Under any condition.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה