יום חמישי, יוני 29, 2006

I usually don't find praying easy but this week with the kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit, and the murder of 18 years old Eliyhu Asheri, the words of King David rolled automatcally from me.
It took me back to 1987 when a soldier from Ra`anana , where I grew up was kidnapped in Lebanon. Every day we recited Psalms, I remember the intense prayers, the naive belief that if I will pray from my bottom of my heart, with full atention, I can help brng him back home to his parents. I still see them in Ra`anana. His body was discovered and exchanged few years ago, he is burried in Ra`anana.
I also pray for peace. How obviouse, as if I am in Miss Universe compatetion and I am asked about my hopes for the world.
But I am, I mean that. I think its about time for a mirecal, isnt it?
inTill peace arrives you can join me:

Psalms Chapter 121
א שִׁיר, לַמַּעֲלוֹת:
אֶשָּׂא עֵינַי, אֶל-הֶהָרִים-- מֵאַיִן, יָבֹא עֶזְרִי. 1 A Song of Ascents. {N}
I will lift up mine eyes unto the mountains: from whence shall my help come?

ב עֶזְרִי, מֵעִם יְהוָה-- עֹשֵׂה, שָׁמַיִם וָאָרֶץ. 2 My help cometh from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

ג אַל-יִתֵּן לַמּוֹט רַגְלֶךָ; אַל-יָנוּם, שֹׁמְרֶךָ. 3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved; He that keepeth thee will not slumber.

ד הִנֵּה לֹא-יָנוּם, וְלֹא יִישָׁן-- שׁוֹמֵר, יִשְׂרָאֵל. 4 Behold, He that keepeth Israel doth neither slumber nor sleep.

ה יְהוָה שֹׁמְרֶךָ; יְהוָה צִלְּךָ, עַל-יַד יְמִינֶךָ. 5 The LORD is thy keeper; the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.

ו יוֹמָם, הַשֶּׁמֶשׁ לֹא-יַכֶּכָּה; וְיָרֵחַ בַּלָּיְלָה. 6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

ז יְהוָה, יִשְׁמָרְךָ מִכָּל-רָע: יִשְׁמֹר, אֶת-נַפְשֶׁךָ. 7 The LORD shall keep thee from all evil; He shall keep thy soul.

ח יְהוָה, יִשְׁמָר-צֵאתְךָ וּבוֹאֶךָ-- מֵעַתָּה, וְעַד-עוֹלָם. 8 The LORD shall guard thy going out and thy coming in, from this time forth and for ever.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה