יום ראשון, יוני 11, 2006

Birkat Cohanim- the Preists Blessing

Not too often I find myself thinking about the Cohanim -the Priests, not owing any land but having the novelity, being so near G-d, being his little helpers, dealing with all the scrafise, a lot of stuff but I really struggle to understand how can they bless me, or anyone else. Is them saying the blessing changes something in the world? In G-d? In me? whats the mechanism here? Why in Israel we say it every Shabbat, and here only on the 3 festivals? whats the story?
As a child I loved it. Hiding underneath my father`s talit or a siddur as I got older and moved up to the women gallery. It was one of the reasons for me going to shul as a kid, around the age of ten or twelve(I liked that bit of the prayer and kdusha).
But still. How can they bless me? Not sure.
Today at shul thought about it again as it was part of theweekly portion.
Maybe its not only about them blessing us, its about our responebilty to repeat the blessing by saying Amen and reassuring it validity.
(Hope it make sense outside my head.)

G-d will bless you and keep you;
G-d will make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
G-d will lift up his countenance/face upon you and give you peace

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה