יום חמישי, מרץ 23, 2006

Yosef and the Pesach Connection

Done some learning lately. About time, isnt it? Found myself reflecting on Yosef, the dreamer, the orphan, the leader, the shrink, the loved son, the hated brother, our future leader. Since I first learnt about him (I think it was 5 or 6 years ago in Ellul, Jerusalem) I found myself trapped. I felt there is a secret I have to discover. Something is unsolved here.
There is a midrash saying that because the brothers sold him for sandals, the 10 Righteous men were killed. (Rabbi Akiva, Rabbi Hananya ben Tardyion Rabbi Yishmael Its all mentioned in the beautiful Piut "Ela Ezkara" which is recited on Yom Kippur)
The baddies of that time looked for justice. historical justice, if Israel were not punished yet for selling Yosef, now will be the right time to do so. Killing those ten men balanced the open bill.

Later on I found the Poem Vhi Yosef by Nurit Zarachi, she tells Yosef story`s as of a young girl, embarrassed to be a women, hiding her self away from the brothers, having her own pivate world missing her mother.
What is hidden there, how come so many diffrent stories, crossing from Gender, to mesianic philosophy, to family psycology are all in one character?

not much of an answer here.
Just a wonder. Yosef is heavily present in the background of Pesach.
Just a small example, thanks to Rabbi J.
Yalkut Shimoni
...Said G-d to the tribes: You sold Yosef to be a slave, for this you will now yearly have to recite "we were slaves to pharoah in Egypt".
Are we responebile in any way for ourselves being slaves in Egypt?
I think the Yalkut will say we are. What can we learn from that???
So behind the Haggada, across the chicken soup and the Matzah, near the afikoman, not bothered at all, is Yosef. Sitting in her tent, wearing Ktonet Passim, his eyes are closed, a mona lisa smile. he is dreaming, alone by herself.

I havent solved it yet. Its not clear. I will keep on.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה